Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Lazy, Relaxing Weekend!

I have just had the most lazy and relaxing weekend!  I got to play hooky from work Saturday because my in-laws came to town.  Brian's Dad came to help with some much needed yard work at the rental house, so I stayed home and spent the day with Debra.  It was HOT HOT HOT outside, so we spent most of the day inside unless we were checking on the guys making sure they didn't get too hot.  After they left, Brian and I decided to go furniture shopping!  It was great to get to spend a few hours with him doing this, and we don't normally get to spend Saturday afternoons together :)  We found ourselves at 2 local furniture stores, testing out mattresses and peaking at other furniture that is on our long term list!  We lounged around on about a dozen mattresses, and think we are finally ready to bit the bullet with the Simmons NXG mattress.  It, too, is a foam mattress, but doesn't hold heat and is so heavenly!We are trying to be smart buyers as a mattress can be a long term and pricey investment.  Now....if we will just actually purchase it!

I love nothing more than a thunderstorm on a Sunday!  I stayed curled up on the couch reading my new book,  The Help!  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.  It is a bit out of the norm for me, as I often find myself reading books from authors like Emily Giffin, Nicholas Sparks, Sophia Kinsella and the most recent Bride Quartet from Nora Roberts.  I have heard so many wonderful things about this life changing book, so I decided to give it a try.  What can I say, I cannot put it down!  It is such a remarkable story that every one should read!


That's it for tonight, as I have a date with my husband (yes, on the couch!) with our favorite women on Sunday night tv...The Kardashians and the Real Housewives of New Jersey!
xoLWD

1 comment:

  1. Such a great book! The film is good too, but the book is a little bit better! If you love that one, you might enjoy The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Pie Society... It's a good one too! xx

    ReplyDelete